Posts by WildBilly

First off I have tried making liveries and I am so bad at it and I have no patients so thanks to all those who are creating the liveries. I am surprised no one has made an Amazon plane yet. I was hoping someone could create one for the A320. I use Skypark as a add on and would be cool for the cargo runs.

I did just see a new Amazon Prime skin this morning for the A330.

Did you remove all your add ons from you community folder and then try starting up? You can also open your event viewer and look at your application errors. This will give you a better idea of why FS is crashing. You can do a google search on any 0x errors you see.

Check to make sure your using the GPS setting and not the heading setting. You can assign a key in the controls for this. I use Left ALT G. You can switch between the two then.

I was having alot of memory crashes so I upped the Virtual Memory and so far so good. I have 16gbs so if anyone is looking to try this go to system and then advanced system settings. Under the performance box click settings and then under the Advanced tab click change. Uncheck Automatically manage paging and click custom size. For 16 gbs you would set 24576 for initial size. (16 x 1024 x 1.5) for maximum size put 49152 ( 16 x 1024 x 3). Make sure to hit enter after entering each number or it will not save the numbers. You will need to restart after doing this. I also upped the amount of rolling cache to 100 gbs.

I have been running this for a couple of days now and have had no shut downs of FS since.

Anyone else having an issue with not being able to stop the King Air after landing? Seems to have happened after the update. I now have to use reverse props for it to slow down. Full flaps plus brakes plus reverse and I keep getting really close to the end of the runway. Also when taking off it will take off even if you forgot to take the parking breaks off (I just D/L the flaps patch in the add ons to see if this fixes the power issue). Lastly taxiing is a struggle. Even at full idle the plane still moves. I have re-calibrated twice now on the controls.

Ok I may have fixed the issue. I upped the Virtual Memory and so far so good. I have 16gbs so if anyone is looking to try this go to system and then advanced system settings. Under the performance box click settings and then under the Advanced tab click change. Uncheck Automatically manage paging and click custom size. For 16 gbs you would set 24576 for initial size. (16 x 1024 x 1.5) for maximum size put 49152 ( 16 x 1024 x 3). Make sure to hit enter after entering each number or it will not save the numbers. You will need to restart after doing this.

I have been looking to see if there is an option to buy the planes that do not come with the deluxe version of Msfs. Is there a way to add them yet? I went to try and do an upgrade of the software but looks like thats not an option yet. Only wants to charge me full price. I bought it through the Xbox app for Windows and not Steam.

Do you have any add ons in your community folder? If so remove them then run it. Also see if changing your display settings will stop it by having the game do a refresh. I see you running in dev mode. Have you turned that off when the problem starts? Also make sure all your drivers are upto date. Lastly try moving your rolling cache to your larger drive. I set mine at 100 GBs. Hope that helps.

I love this thread. Makes me laugh. When I started looking through all the new add ons during the week I said the same thing. Felt like I was on a site looking for branding on coffee cups for my company LOL. What the person who made this ought to do is just make one zip with all the cups to choose from sort of how there are some skins for the planes with multiple choices of design.

So I enjoy this game/simulator so much and I am honestly in awe of the graphical detail after starting with the very first flight sim Microsoft put out that I just got finished upgrading my whole rig. I got an i5 10th gen processor, Z490 gaming edge board, Radeon RX 5500 XT and 16 gb of ram (thinking I may need another 16 gbs). After almost a full day of downloading I have it all installed again and immediately took of from Healthrow when FS crashed with a memory error after looking in the event logs. So I upped my rolling cache to a larger drive, turned down some of the lesser settings to medium and turned off vsync. I read a bunch of the performance articles and have followed the guidance they gave without having the simulator look awful and so far so good I think. I have also turned off any services in the background. I can say its a lot smoother now and the game does load a lot faster. Just wondering if anyone else is running into the same issues or have any advice on what to really turn on or off in the graphic settings? Also if anyone is running a Radeon what are you running it on for settings?