Posts by WildBilly

Anyone having this issue lately? Just tried starting MSFS up and it gets past the update screen then just shuts down with no errors except for this in the event viewer.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000001cd5745

Faulting process ID: 0x3178

Faulting application start time: 0x01d792c03ad499cc

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I am really hoping not to reinstall again. It would be the 5th time since MSFS 2020 has been released.

Make sure you goto content manager and download all the updates there. I noticed after the update that only standard was installed and then in content manager it installed the deluxe version plus pretty much everything else.

The radar was changed in the last update, it isn't broken. Before, it displayed any visible cloud, now it only displays the precipitation as it should:

If the droplet movement or precipitation intensity (however accurately they have implemented it) isn't important enough, it wouldn't show up on a weather radar. Maybe that happened in your case ?

Yea thats what it was thank you.

Did the last update break the weather display on the stock A320? Im setting the radar to sys 1 and moving the weather radar knob and even flying through heavy weather and nothing appears on the display anymore.

Could the manage downloads be updated a bit. With alot of downloads I was looking to remove some of the ones I do not use anymore. When you delete one the screen refreshes and you have to click and get back to where you were and resort and add the show 100 option again and again. Also would it be possible to sort it by the date that it was downloaded? Not sure if you save that date. I recently lost my drive and I am having to redownload all my add ons but I am removing some from my list but its a bit tough to do if you have alot of add ons.

Thanks and keep up the great work with the site!

Yea it doesnt sound like your end. As long as you have the drive space etc which you do cause your reinstalling. The service should just download and install. Have you searched on the sign out issue and see if there are threads of maybe other folks running into this.

Props that you can create stuff like this for the MSFS community. I have tried and failed several times at creating an airport for MSFS 2020 so I know how hard it is. I realised I should stop when I drew a stick figure and just that is terrible.

If you got MSFS 2020 like I did from the MS store. I had to go to the MS Store and start the install from there by looking under my account and going to the MSFS 2020 under recent activity. I had to just reinstall also.

Id say its not worth it either unless youre into making formation flight youtube videos with friends. good looking plane on the outside but not worth $40. It also started to show as gate traffic for me. dont recall ever seeing an F-15 parked at any terminal gate lol. So i ended up uninstalling it and other military planes so that i wouldnt see it spawn at gate anymore.

Now thats funny. Thanks all. Im going to see if there is a free version that emerges down the road.

So I watched a show on the history channel and here is what they have as the 10 most extreme airports. Im going to try landing and taking off from each using live weather.

10. Linberg Field

9. Madeira International

8. EGE-Vail Eagle Vail

7. Courchevel France

6. Kai Tek No longer used.

5. Gibraltar Airport

4. St. Maarten Princess Juliana Intl Airport

3. St.Barths

2. Toncontin airport

And the Number 1 most extreme airport.

1. Nepal Lukla Airport

As I do each one Ill add screenshots.