Posts by mikekear

Thanks John G. ALways helpful. I specially liked your ALT-F4 auggestion. That took me back to when most people didnt know what all those Fkeys were for. That was great fun back then. Just as a helpful hint, that did indeed fix my issue temporarily.

I'll check out the ASOBO forums too. thanks. I've probably done something doofus-like, which is usually where questions like this one take me.

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia

I have had the must frustrating day, and this is the final straw for me. ... I hope someone can help me out ...

My MSFS2020 doesnt show the main menus any more once MSFS has started. YOu know the bits that are at the bottom, syaing [GO BACK]. amd [Main Menu] etc. The only way i get back back to the settings or the relstart a flight or that level is to use the Windows Task manager to abort MSFS entirely and start all over again.

Or else perhaps sods law has applied again and I've missed something. Have those menu items vanished and I can make them appear when i need them with a keyboard shortcut? ( I tried using ESC by the way and it doesnt do amyting_)

Cheers

Mike Kear

WIndsor, NSW, Australia

OH!OH!OH!OH!OH! I think I've got what you were pointing to John G. Thank you.

For example let's say I have a runway, let's say it's runway 11/29. It's 4500 feet long. I need to create a waypoint called HOZEA, which will be 7.9nm from the start of runway 11, on a line 291deg/111deg. So i go to the far end of the runway, the RWY29 end, and place the end of the ruler there, then stretch it all the way along the runway, past the end of the runway, and at least 7.9nm further on, such that it lies over the middle line of the runway. THEN i have the point i'm looking for. And a right click on google maps will give me the precise location of point HOZEA so I can enter the details on the xml file and i have the wayoint details i need!

I reckon that will work. I'm going ot try it out. I'm sorry i''m chatting as though I just thought of it but I realise that's what you were telling me in your answer already but i was just too dense to see it then.

Thanks John G.

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia

p.s. Didn't I say this was going to be one of those 'slap the forehead' moments? And so it was!!

Thank you all. I didnt know that problem existed but you've described it well and I understand what it means. Hopefully that issue is all behind us now.

I'm glad i decided to start learning development on scenery rather than drawing liveries. Murphy's law is constantly in my life and i just know if i had decided to learn how to do liveries the plane i'd have chosen to learn on would have been the 747.

Cheers

Mike K

Windsor, NSW, Australia

Thank you John. Here's another part to the question. I had figured from my years using Adobe projects it would be something like you described. But how do you think I'd find the precise spot, on a direct line from the runway?

On something like adobe illustrator, if this was just a drawing, I'd put a construction line along the runway and extend it out the distance to the IAF and then use the method you outlined to find teh spot i want somewhere along that construction line. But i couldn't find a way to do that in Google Earth. Is there one and i missed it do you know?

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia

QUESTION ANSWERED: I see on a lot of the livery downloads the name of the livery includes "(no mirroring)". What does that mean? Or perhaps my question would be more precise if i asked "what is mirroring?"

CHeers

Mike K

Windsor, NSW, Australia

You can place the libraries inside your community folder, then they should be available in the scenery object list. (Place them in the community folder before starting MSFS)

So that would mean you have to tell downloaders of your scenery that they also must have those dependencies too. Then they'll need to go and download them if they haven't already. Is there any way (without breaching the original copyright of course) of including them in your file so the downloader doesnt have to worry about dependencies? Theyll automatically be installed if they aren't there already?

Cheers

Mike K

Windsor, NSW, Autralia.

I'm planning a new (fictional) airport, so there are currently no aspects of it that are in MSFS or Navigraph data. I have figured out how to do the buildings and runways and lights and taxiways etc, but now I'm trying ot work out how i would set up the SIDs and STARS for my airport. I know how to create them as long as I have precise Lat/Lon points to enter. I think i'm THIS CLOSE to knowing what i need ot make my airport fully functional.

So if i know the lat/long values of both ends of the runway, how do i determine the precise lat/long of (for example) 3.3nm and 7.9nm from the ends of the runway for the waypoints in the SID and STAR? (I'm assuming this is like most questions I ask on forums, it's obvious and staring me in the face only I'm too dumbass to see it. I promise to slap my forehead when i know how!)

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia