Posts by ghitier

I also think the system in place makes sense.

Something that would like to see is that the default time to fulfill a request adapts to it's category, for example:

- 1 month: Liveries, Landmarks...

- 3 months: Regional airports, Cities...

- 6 months: International airports...

Just to give an idea.

In the top navigation bar you should be able to change your language. First click on "Deutsch", then in the dropdown menu click "English". That's supposed to keep your language saved for the next time you visit. Beware if you visit https://de.flightsim.to and your language is different than German, you will get a popup asking you if you want to switch languages. In your case, you'll wanna always use the regular https://flightsim.to domain.

On the "My Downloads" page, I would expect the mod title to be a clickable link redirecting to the mods page.

EDIT: I just realized the download button does that *facepalm*, I still think the button should be clickable too though...

I think it could be cool to have an actual "export to csv" button on the downloads page. Maybe even a page where you can select export all, or only a selection of items.

#MyTwoCents ;)

You can just change the date again at any time before the date that was previously set to another date which needs to be within 30 days of your current date

If I understand correctly: when you initially accept the request, you can set an expected release date that is in more than 30 days (for ex in 3 months) without penalty. If realize you can't make it, you can then push back the date by less than 30 days without penalty. You can do the latter indefinitely.

Is that correct ?

Good to know it's the release date that counts. I was looking to make an airport, 30 days is a bit short for that.

The date you choose there is the release date. I believe if the date passes, it subtracts 200 karma from your profile.

You get at least 200 per request, and 10 per vote. That means you would end up with only the karma from the votes if you complete it late. I don't think it's possible to lose any karma you already have.

The radar was changed in the last update, it isn't broken. Before, it displayed any visible cloud, now it only displays the precipitation as it should:

Modern weather radars are mostly doppler radars, capable of detecting the motion of rain droplets in addition to intensity of the precipitation.

If the droplet movement or precipitation intensity (however accurately they have implemented it) isn't important enough, it wouldn't show up on a weather radar. Maybe that happened in your case ?

Hi,

I was wondering how the karma penalty works when promising to fulfill a request. The message says:

Should you step back from this request or shouldn't you complete it within 30 days, it will result in a penalty of 200 (karma)

You are also prompted to give an estimated release date. My question is, what do those 30 days refer to: The estimated release date, or the day I accepted the request ?

Hi everyone,

I'm Guillaume, 23 yo, from France.

I'm passionate about aviation, I've been simming for quite a while now and MSFS has very much revived my interest for it.

I've been getting into addon creation since the sim came out. I'm most interested in improving stuff around my hometown area (Strasbourg), and places that are dear to me.

I hope to see y'all around the forums ;)

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I just want to mention something extra here.

You could also share the path including the %AppData% environment variable: %AppData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community (Steam), or %AppData%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community (Microsoft). This path can be pasted to the file explorer and will open the folder without having to change any text (username) in the path.

The paths above work only if the installation was made at the default location. Mostly a tip for developers here: if you want to find out the actual Packages path, you can lookup the last line inside of the file %AppData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt (Steam), or %AppData%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt (Microsoft). It would look something like InstalledPackagesPath "<YourPath>\Packages" (you still have to add \Community yourself).

I hope you may find this information useful.