Posts by Scooty

Your screenshot: it looks like, as if the bottom right corner of the field, where you type into, had a little icon, whih usually can be used to drag this "box" larger.

Is THIS what you are looking for or are you looking for something else?

Don´t get me wrong, i just wanted to ask...

Exquisite Hi!

Testing testing
    shift+return line

return line

ok... in THIS section here, it works, 1 return is just generating the next line, no empty lines. "As it should be in here"

But take a look at https://flightsim.to/file/5818…uated-airfield-in-austria

no matter if i do an "Return" or a "shift+Return" or an "Enter", it displays an empty line.

To be sure, i also added a screenshot of it, if my test-post gets deleted.

I´m not sure, in what sections of the site this same effect may happen, but i am pretty sure, it´s not only there.

Just to be sure: I´m on Win 10 (1909) and Firefox 84.0.2.

Funfact: if i edit the message, the editor shows no empty lines!

But saving the edited text will still display those empty lines in the posted thread.

Yeah please, i tested some other tools some time ago, but it was all very "jumpy", not moving smootlhy, but doing weird moves .

Your results would be great to hear!

When creating a request, it can happen, that you wanna edit your already posted text due to a typo or if you wanna add some more tedail to it. Unfortunately, we can´t edit our own requests. Deleting the whole request and posting it again also isn´t too nice to do, especially if you added some images to it or if someone has posted a reply already.

Please allow the option to edit our requests, at least, as long no other users had posted replies. Maybe stop the editing feature, if someone had offered to work on the request, if you wanna keep it "save" for the creator.

This here is my absolute favourite site concerning MSFS addons. So many features, very well and smart structured, extremely good site!

I have just one tiny suggestion, concerning the comments section: i would prefer to have "return" or "linefeed" activated, to be able to keep text in a better readable format.

As it is currently, it´s a bit difficult to read, especially when it´s a long(er) comment with many lines of text. Having the chance to use "empty lines" keeps it easier to read for the human eye.

Maybe auto-change multiple empty lines to a single one, to avoid "spam", but please activate those "return" or "linefeed" formating options.

I live about 10 km south of Vienna, the capitol of Austria/Europe. As a lot of us, my very first flight was about to look for my house, it could find it and was impressed. On my way back to LOWW, i took the route up to Vienna ,to do a little sightseeing tour.

At least, that was my plan.

I could recognize the city, the basic layout with all the streets and the "overall look" was pretty good, compared to the real world. But somehow it still wasn´t "right", I flew around the whole city till i realized, what the problem was: there was not even a single building present, which is so very typical for the city, creating it´s "signature look" and being THE touristic hotspots, each sightseeing tour wants to show. Default Vienna looked totally unreal that way.

I was very much frustrated, having seen all those shiny marketing videos before release, hearing all those stories from testers and magazines, that it all looks so perfectly detailed. For many years, Vienna is voted as THE most worthwile cities to live in, due to it´s beauty, the healthy environment, the low crime rates and lots of other attributes. But MS hasn´t got too much cities 3D scanned yet, Europe is even less scanned, so it looks very "poor" in the default sim.

A bit frustrated, i was hoping for a quick fix by some addon-developer. The Vienna Airport LOWW was released as an commercial addon, but no single sign of any commercial creators to take care of our popular landmarks.

I couldn´t believe it at first sight, but i found out, that someone offered a free addon, to solve this issue. It´s got the most iconic landmarks included already, but it´s never enough, i hope for further development by it´s creator Troglodytus.

The addon works very well for VFR flights, as the needed POIs now are present, where you would expect them in the real world. My rig ain´t a super fast one, but i see no significant fps drop by using the addon. It´s very cool to fly around ,looking out of the windows and discover, what´s now present, that has been missing in the default scenery so much. So, overall, give it a try, you won´t regret it. The pretty huge download count also shows the obvious great interest in this scenery. Enjoy and maybe see you out there one fine day...

Link: https://flightsim.to/file/592/vienna-landmark-pack