Posts by SkyyStorm

The quick and easy way is to ensure when you set up your flight you have multiplayer online on, (so not on Group Only), and then ensure you and your friends are on the same server (top right, on your icon, if you click it shows what server you are on).

Then if you load in at the same airport, you should be able to see each other.

I'm fairly certain, they can correct me if I'm wrong, but in most cases the serving of the ads on sites like Flightsim.to is not done directly by them but through a 3rd party advertisement provider.

And those ads are usually either served based on rules:

- If you block tracking, or disabled consent for tracking, you will most likely get served random ads based on whatever info they have (region, country, user-agent, etc)

- If you do not block tracking, you will be served ads based on your tracking information (sites you visit, previous response on those ads, links clicked, news viewed, etc),

In either case, I highly doubt that it is under control of Flightsim.to, and does not point to any affiliation to any political entity, so should not be assumed as such.

MSFS also downloads the scenery from the internet, so you most likely need an internet connection anyway I think?

I could be wrong though, the discs might have all the data loaded.

It could be that your MSFS after reinstallation changed its Community folder location.

You can find its location using Developer mode in MSFS.

Here's a video showing how to do that:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

All in all I do think its fine though, many points mentioned seems fair. Having people be able to choose a far ahead date could cause issues like where someone 'holds' an airport for a long time. Sure someone else could also make it, but I'm sure many people (like me for example) would rather not make the same airport as someone else, because I'd rather spread out the variety of airports and make a different one.

But even then, I doubt many people would do that just to troll, so I think this system is generally a good idea for the most part.

Yeah, I commonly push the date if I see I won't make the final release. At least that way if people check it they can see that the dates is further away now. The 30 day limit is semi-annoying, especially if you were to pick up a request for a large airport or complicated aircraft.

You should ensure that the folder containing the actual files is directly in the Community folder rather than being in a subfolder.

If you download from here, most of the time if you unzip, it will be a folder, with another folder inside it that contains the files, which MSFS doesn't read.

So it should be /Community/<addon folder>/<addon files and folders>, where if you directly unzip it there you might get /Community/<folder>/<addon folder>/<addon files and folders>, and then it won't work.

Unless there is an issue as you mention with the ILS, it shouldn't. You can put any waypoints into the flight plan, the GPS AP will simply fly them.

I see LIBP's glideslope on 22 Y starts at 2000 feet, so it should've been able to capture the localizer.

As a test, you can use the map to spawn about 15 miles out from the airport for an approach, generally in the location that will give you a straight in. Then when spawned, turn on AP on HDG and ALT mode, fly 2000, fly towards the airport, and tune the ILS frequency. Then check if it picks it up, and try to do an CDI->APR.

It's not impossible for that specific airport to have a bug with its ILS. You can always also try another airport to confirm.

That's strange. In a normal situation approach would give you final vectors/or let you fly a STAR to an ILS approach localizer, and when you are established (when your autopilot has picked up and is flying the localizer direction), they would hand you over to Tower. If you do capture the localizer, you can try manually tuning (or using the ATC menu) to the tower and request permission to land.

You might have also never been handed over to Approach. Center usually descends you to a certain altitude after which you are handed over. Center wouldn't normally hand over to Tower directly.

One reason they didn't might be that your altimeter setting (barometric pressure) is not correct, so you indicate higher than you are. Try pressing "B" when closer to the airport or set it yourself based on the ATIS (or a METAR) for that airport.

As for not descending via AP, with the Garmin 530, if you are close enough and looking to line up to the runway, you should switch it using CDI(I think?) to VLOC mode, after setting the ILS frequency. That changes the AP from flying the GPS route to capturing the localizer based on your NAV frequency.

When you check the VOR 1 gauge (the one with the two lines), the vertical line indicates the localizer, so it should be center if you are in VLOC mode and on the localizer line.

The horizontal line indicates the glide slope. That's how you would descend. So when the glide slope line starts moving down, and gets closer to the center, you should activate APR mode by choosing it on your AP.

The autopilot should start following the glideslope down to the runway.

Here is a great video on it:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.