Posts by KevyKevTPA

Kevin from the Tampa Bay, FL area. But I think my user ID might have just given that part away...;)

Been simming since MSFS 3 (yes, I'm old), got away from it for awhile, but FS2020 has reinfected me with the bug! I'm also a real life instrument rated private pilot and former airplane owner, but I haven't flown in more years than I'd care to admit, and now I'm disabled, so unless I can fix that (and it's at least hypothetically possible, but unknown) my RL flying days may be behind me.

But my simming days are reinvigorated, and I'm loving MSFS, and loving finding quality addons to enhance the experience. I get almost all of my freeware/open-source mods from right here.

My rig is a modestly OCed 10600K paired with a stout OCed 2070 Super, and with some exceptions (like around Seattle for whatever reason), I'm completely satisfied with the performance I'm getting. My primary display is a 32" Samsung 1440p, and my secondary is an older AOC 28" 1080p. I have a set of HP Reverb G2s on the way, and I'm really looking forward to some MSFS VR goodness. Hopefully they'll be here by the time VR support is released on 12/22/20. They are scheduled for sometime this month, anyway.

Currently using a Thrustmaster t.16000m, and intend to buy a Honeycomb Bravo TQS if anyone ever gets them in stock. My disability (I'm bed bound) makes setting those up a bit tricky, but I've got a plan!

A serious shoutout to all you addon makers, without you this place wouldn't even be a place.

So... HI!!!

OK, stoopid question #2 for this morning...

I have a "mod" (it's not really a mod, just a collection of documents for the Carenado M20R) that I'd like to upload for those interested, but I haven't got the first clue how to go about doing something like that. Anyone want to point me in the right direction?

KKT

They are talking about the Mod Manager page included on the website where you can find your downloaded, followed, liked and commented files as well as any files that are on your wishlist. It's basically an all-in-one place to check for updates for your addons.

That's it! TYVM...

Pardon me for what might be a dumb question, but where might I find this Mod Manager? I've heard about it, and if it does what I think it does, I want it, but my efforts to find it have so far proven futile...

Thanks,

KKT