Installation instructioins etc for addons and mods

• I know most creators provide instructions etc on the download page however few include these in a text file with the download. I understand that I could just take a screenprint of the download page, (which I do already) but it would be most convenient if a text file could be included. No big issue here just a suggestion. :)

• Some developers already do that - either a text, or more likely, a .pdf. Most don't, because they use the standard installation, or rely on you using an addon manager.

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• I've always included a "Read me" for anything and everything I've ever uploaded since FS-95. Basically, instructions on how to install it and use it. And if need be, what edits that you may need to make for whatever I've uploaded. I do this to make it easier for everyone from noobs to experienced people that download and install stuff. I see no reason to make it a hard task for people to download and install something that I've, or someone else has developed. It's not good, and some will shy away from that upload or modder.

• I've always included a "Read me" for anything and everything I've ever uploaded since FS-95. Basically, instructions on how to install it and use it. And if need be, what edits that you may need to make for whatever I've uploaded. I do this to make it easier for everyone from noobs to experienced people that download and install stuff. I see no reason to make it a hard task for people to download and install something that I've, or someone else has developed. It's not good, and some will shy away from that upload or modder.

Ditto, although I'm yet to break my duck with this sim...

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time