German Dams - Walls, Towers?

• The World Update VI of Germany does a great job of showing the large Dam Lakes/"Sees" - the Mohne, Eder, and Sorpe, but the actual Dam Walls and Towers (for the Mohne & Eder) are missing. Can someone build them and make them available here?

Also, I see that the earliest Date that can be selected in a Mission Setup is 1990. Is it possible for this to be modd'd at least back to say 1939 - to enable accurate depiction of wartime missions... ?

Thirdly, is there some way to have a mod which will turn off ground lighting, to simulate a wartime blackout for cross-countries?

• Captain_Yodie

Changed the title of the thread from “Geramn Dams - Walls, Towers?” to “German Dams - Walls, Towers?”.
  • I wonder what you are looking to do?

Got a Lancaster? Or is that the next request?

OK, as for the dams, there is a tab on the website that allows you to ask for scenery development (and also liveries, once you've got your Lanc), here: https://flightsim.to/requests/scenery

There are a lot of scenery developers going thru that page, and picking up whatever appeals to them.

Unfortunately, turning lights out would need another app, and I'm not sure whether it comes under the category of scenery, but you could try it there, as wll. You never know.

As for the Lanc - sorry, we don't host model requests in the "Requests" tab - you'll have to find an aircraft modeller somewhere who can either get hold of permission the convert a freeware FSX Lanc (if one exists), or to build one for MSFS 2020 from scratch. Good luck with that one - I'm not going to hold my breathc - but again, you never know, do you?

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• John,

I'm looking to redo in MSFS 2000 work I did in FS-X on the 617 Dams Mission.

I'm participating in a presentation in my local history group, with a gent who's written a book on our countrymen who served in various 617 WWII missions.

Yes, a Lancaster is on the list (though from what you've said I shouldn't look for it here). My effort to convert my FS-X Lanc using a freeware utility has failed, although I've seen mention of someone else who's managed it with an earlier freeware Lancaster.

Thanks for the tip - I've put in a request on the scenery page you nominated above..

• I figured that Captain Yodi,

There are a number of helpful videos and documents out there to help you with a conversion, and if you manage it, and follow all the rules about copyright, I think it would be quite a hit here.

Have a look at this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and/or this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(I can recommend the second one, Jonx is a well known developer, both of freeware conversions, and commercial aircraft for MSFS2020)

There are others, but these should do for starters, and this may help, as well:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/fo…-from-fsx-to-msfs.448744/

Good luck, and don't forget, you'll need someone to work out how to make a bouncing bomb!

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• The person I found who had successfully ported a freeware Lancaster has now reported an update has "broken" it and he's not yet managed to get it to work again. However a Lancaster is now on the list of "upcoming" aircraft, but the version mentioned (NX611) is the one displayed at West Kirby, and there's no mention of any of the 617 versions.