3D trees are gone.

• My trees are now just flat 2D.

Did have a lot of files in Community, took them all out in case one of them was the culprit.

I have put the original 10- asobo_species.xml file into

C:\Users\JoeBlow\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base\vegetation

Still no good.

Any ideas what I have stuffed up?

• This may look a little daunting at first sight (especially when you open up all the sections) but it is the best document that I know of to show you what you should expect at each resolution - from Low to Ultra

https://forums.flightsimulator…te-retest-8-2-2021/132407

I've downloaded the pre-SU 5 version, and run it through Word into Acrobat, and use it as a reference guide to all scenery settings.

I haven't though, seen 2-D trees anywhere in the Sim - a screenie would be of help, here.

John

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• Hi John,

This is EDVJ airport in new uploads today.

This is what I see.....

I have had MSFS 2020 since when it came out, and something very recently has done this .

I have tried all tree settings but no change.

I had loaded some "tree" uploads recently like tromso real trees terraforming and such, these just showed polygon trees, so I deleted .

I have an empty community folder now and still no trees have come back.

May I ask what size the original 10-asobo_ species.xml file is ?

In case the one I put back in is wrong.

Mine is showing size on disk 16.0 KB (16,384 bytes)

• No, the only file I remember ever changing is the 10-asobo_species file, which changed tree heights only.

I am sure the one I put back in is the original one.

My other files which I have never touched are the same size as yours, except the size on disk is not the same, whether that matters or not.

Maybe I should do a reinstall?

I have tried 100/s of add ons and deleted many, maybe there is too much old files junk floating around.

• For interest, the file name you listed has a space in the name. Please make sure that it doesn't have the same space in the name on disk.

My 10-asobo_species.xml file is

If it helps, here is what is inside my 10-asobo_species.xml file:

(I've had to split it in two

They do appear to be about the same size, but you might want to copy what I've listed below into a Word file, and do the same with your version, then use the document compare feature to look for differences. Just a thought.

10-asobo_species.xml.txt

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• I did a reinstall and got trees back.

I now have 4 files inside fsbase/vegetation.

In all my playing around with tree heights, I must have deleted the 3 biome files.

Now all good.

I saved my controls presets, but did not need to, as after reinstall, they were still there.