Saitek Cessna Yoke-No Assignments in Options

• I have been having some problems recently with the yoke. I first noticed that when trying to activate autopoilot on my Multi Panel on at least three aircraft the autopilot would disengage and would do the same even when using the aircraft panel controls.

I did have my Logitech Extreme 3D joystick also installed but this seemed to disable MSFS from seeing the yoke so I have disconnected but I would like to be able to use as it gives more button options.

Since then matters have got worse and after realising none of the flight controls were responding to the yoke I now find that there are no assignments for the yoke under hardware options regardless of choosing Default or the Yoke profile. The Preset Manager also has no effect. Windows 10 sees the yoke and responds to movement of the controls in properties.

I have the Logitech plugin installed. I have also run SpadNext and FSUIPS (although both aren't really needed with the Logitech plugin installed) and that shows a response to control movement.

I have reset MSFS2020 App but no joy.

I have also raised the issue with Logitech & Zendesk as I am unsure as to whether this is a Logitech or MSFS 2020 problem but I am hoping that perhaps someone can offer any clues. It's almost as if the configuration file for the yoke is missing as there is no image of the yoke.

All very frustrating.

Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

ASUS PRIME H310M-E R2.0

Intel Core i5-9400F

AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB

DDR4 SDRAM 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series

X-plane 11.53

MSFS 2020 WU5

Saitek Cessna Pro Yoke

Thrustmaster Pedals

Saitek Radio & Multi Panels

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick

• Many controllers have drivers that must be installed to get them to work. Make sure that this isn't the case for yours, or if it is, either install it, or delete and re-install it.

Otherwise, this

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    may prove of help.

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• Hi John, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the video isn't for the Cessna version of the yoke.

Had the following reply from Logitech.

Hi Mr. Purkiss,

Thank you for the update and we are glad to know that the panels are working fine now with MFS2020. In regards with your new issue, we are sorry to inform you that we cannot guarantee the compatibility of Flight Cessna Yoke in MFS2020 as the drivers and software for this Saitek Legacy Device have not continued to be supported.

This is disappointing for me as the yoke works fine with x-plane and also was OK with older version of FSX. I haven't checked but I wonder if retailers are advertising the yoke as compatible with MSFS.

I had been issues with the MP & RP in MSFS and had to reset W10 and reinstall MSFS to get things working again.

Since posting I have looked at the Control Options and have managed to get all the assignments listed but there is no image of the yoke as shown in the video. I would expect by working through the assignments I might still get the yoke working as expected.

I am fairly sure the problem is with MSFS but there doesn't seem any way to check the installation for errors.

If I look at Control Panel Windows lists the controller and all the buttons work. The driver shown is Saitek v7.0.7.9 dated 14/03/2011 and is a 32 bit driver. I decided to uninstall the device and drivers and get W10 to reinstall. Now if I look the driver is quoted as 21/06/2006 10.0.19041.868 signed by Microsoft.

I have decided to start from scratch and assign all the yoke commands manually creating my own profile taking my time to test at each stage. It's going to take awhile but can't think of any alternative as I don't think you can migrate a profile from one system to another. it would be nice to be able to have an icon showing the yoke but have no idea how I would accomplish that.

As of this moment I have the throttle and rudder/flaps commands working OK.

I haven't as yet heard from Zendesk.

Windows 10 Pro

ASUS PRIME H310M-E R2.0

Intel Core i5-9400F

AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB

X-plane 11.53

MSFS 2020 WU5

Saitek Cessna Pro Yoke

Thrustmaster Pedals

• Fair 'nuf. Saitek was subsumed by Logitech some time ago, and this was obviously one of their legacy products. This thread has some ideas that you may like to investigate - it looks as though some people at least have gotten it to work.

https://forums.flightsimulator…predefined-setup/128401/5

I did notice that one person said that the trick is to assign the controls manually, and here's the video he promotes as of great use:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This one is probably worth viewing, as well:

Let us know how you get on - if one of these works, you may be able to help others with the same problem by endorsing it (or not, if it's no help)

(I think the second one probably shows the logo from your controller on the image above, so that's a good sign)

JohnG

• Here's a more "up to date" set of videos - I still think the earlier ones should solve most of your problems, but the second one of these has more on what control sensitivity looks like nowadays, since MS/Asobo "fixed" it.

And if you "watch in You Tube", you can view the timings below the video to go to particular points in the video, or just move your mouse button along the red line - you'll see gaps where the topic changes, and the new topic is shown below the bar.

Good luck, and feedback, please.

JohnG

• Thanks John, all very useful. One thing I have learned from the videos is how to test assignments whilst in the sim rather than always coming out. Hit upon this by error but didn't know it was a feature I could use.

I think I will try and search for a list of recommended assignments and then edit that to my own needs rather than just dipping in and out.

Windows 10 Pro

ASUS PRIME H310M-E R2.0

Intel Core i5-9400F

AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB

X-plane 11.53

MSFS 2020 WU5

Saitek Cessna Pro Yoke

Thrustmaster Pedals

• Good move. With mine, I'm left handed' so I sat down with MS Visio and a diagram of the joystick, and created the list on paper before i added them to the Sim. That allows me to cheat if/when I forget what a particular button/switch/slider does!

JohnG

• :thumbup:

Windows 10 Pro

ASUS PRIME H310M-E R2.0

Intel Core i5-9400F

AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB

X-plane 11.53

MSFS 2020 WU5

Saitek Cessna Pro Yoke

Thrustmaster Pedals

• Hi John, sorry to trouble you again but still having some issues when setting up the yoke.

I have installed draw.io which is a FREE Visio alternative to see if that will help.

The main issue at the moment is that I have assigned the throttle, propeller and mixture levers in my yoke. In the past, and certainly with x-plane I didn't have to do anything else but it seems, at least from, my experience, that in MSFS it is necessary to be in cockpit mode, select whichever control needs adjusting and by holding the control with the mouse I can then alter it with my yoke. I did find similar problem when selecting engine start as I had to select which engine I wanted.

I noticed this yesterday when tying to a landing test when I found I could not control the speed of the aircraft no matter how I changed the throttle lever. I must admit it took a bit of time for me to realise what the HUD engine image was telling me. This was when using the DA62 or the Beechcraft which are of course both twin engine turbo props.

It may be that I am completely wrong in this assumption so if you have any guidance you can give it would be greatly appreciated.

It seems that MSFS works in a totally different way to x-plane.

Chris

Windows 10 Pro

ASUS PRIME H310M-E R2.0

Intel Core i5-9400F

AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB

X-plane 11.53

MSFS 2020 WU5

Saitek Cessna Pro Yoke

Thrustmaster Pedals

• Hi ivatt,

First of all, many thanks for the link to draw.io. I love Visio, but have been looking for a free alternative to it for many moons, and have never stumbled across this one.

You have me completely banjaxxed, as it happens. I have no idea as to what may be going wrong for you.

This: https://forums.flightsimulator…rs-guide-completed/156002 is the closest that I've come to a step by step guide, and it includes detains about default profiles, and that they don't keep their settings when you leave flight sim, and the need to setup and point to custom profiles before you fly.

BTW, in case it doesn't tell you, it's possible to set up multiple profiles so that you can have different ones for different aircraft. For instance, one for single engine aircraft, one for helicopters, etc., and how to bind the profile to a model.

JohnG

• Thanks John

Will work through the article you linked to.

Interesting about different profiles for different engine types, will look at that in detail.

Will keep ploughing on in the hope that eventually I will get everything working as I want.

Windows 10 Pro

ASUS PRIME H310M-E R2.0

Intel Core i5-9400F

AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB

X-plane 11.53

MSFS 2020 WU5

Saitek Cessna Pro Yoke

Thrustmaster Pedals

• Glad to be of help. You understand, I'm also finding this a great learning opportunity, every time I get my head down into the literature, looking for possible answers to simmer's problems.

JohnG