Saitek Panels Malfunctioning after latest FS2020 update

• Hi, I'm Chris & I am 81 years old in the UK. Hope this is the right place to post the first time.

I am posting in the vague hope that someone might have some suggestion as to why my Saitek Multi & Radio panels are not working since the last update where other people seem to be OK.

I have tried using different USB ports directly from the motherboard and on each occasion, W10 detects the devices as they appear in Control Panel. I have also disconnected all other USB devices. Prior to the problem, I was using the Saitek Cessna Yoke Hub (AC powered) or an AC powered USB hub as a source. I also have SpadNext and FSUIPC installed and SpadNext runs the test sequence OK.

I have searched the web for possible answers but a lot of the information available is a little outdated. One solution proposed was to use an AC powered USB hub without SpadNext or FSUIPC but this is more or less what I had already been using but just to check I tried just the two devices in a powered USB hub but to no avail. I have also run the USB Power Management Solution again.

I can still use the devices with x-plane 11 so I know they aren't faulty.

I have raised the issue with Zendesk and I am waiting for them to get back in due course.

The panels, especially the multi-panel, are more or less essential to my enjoyment of the sim as I don't have to fiddle about with the various on-screen knobs when using autopilot which at my age are sometimes hard to see. The new method of tweaking the radio control in the update seems easier although the radio panel is much simpler :?: .

Here's hoping!!

Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

ASUS PRIME H310M-E R2.0

Intel Core i5-9400F

AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB

DDR4 SDRAM 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series

X-plane 11.53

MSFS 2020 WU5

Saitek Cessna Pro Yoke

Thrustmaster Pedals

Saitek Radio & Multi Panels

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick

• Thanks. Since posting I have been playing around with my USB cables and have found that, on my system, I need to have them both plugged into the main motherboard USB separately, they will not work when plugged into a USB hub or similar, in that case, one works and the other doesn't.

With them plugged into the motherboard sockets I have run x-plane 11.53 with the Sparkers xsaitekpanels plugin and both work perfectly so there is no hardware issue. I also have SpadNext running but never changed any of the settings.

As they work OK with that combination I will leave them alone and work the other USB devices around them.

Windows 10 Pro

ASUS PRIME H310M-E R2.0

Intel Core i5-9400F

AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB

X-plane 11.53

MSFS 2020 WU5

Saitek Cessna Pro Yoke

Thrustmaster Pedals

• There is supposedly a fix coming today that will address a load of issues from 5. I don't know whether your problem will be addressed. You might want to look at the plethora of videos on YouTube addressing issue coming to a PC near you with WU5.

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• Thanks, John. As I said I have raised the issue with Zendesk who say they are reviewing the info and will get back to me.

Windows 10 Pro

ASUS PRIME H310M-E R2.0

Intel Core i5-9400F

AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB

X-plane 11.53

MSFS 2020 WU5

Saitek Cessna Pro Yoke

Thrustmaster Pedals

• Quick update to say it looks as if it is just the displays that are not working. Have done some tests and the AP/NAV/ALT on the multi seem to be working and I can change frequencies on the radio panel which are reflected in the cockpit display. The flaps lever makes a sound on scren but the flaps don't actually move.

I have now uninstalled SpadNext & FSJUIPC so just have the Logitech plugin which if I click on the shortcut tells me it is already running.

From what I have read the non-display is linked to low power on the USB but as both panels are coming directly from the motherboard, as Logitech recommend, not sure what's happening.

Windows 10 Pro

ASUS PRIME H310M-E R2.0

Intel Core i5-9400F

AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB

X-plane 11.53

MSFS 2020 WU5

Saitek Cessna Pro Yoke

Thrustmaster Pedals

• Have you got a powered USB HUB? If you have, you may find that using one just for the Saitek panels may improve the situation. Just a thought from a 75 year old! If you haven't, and can find one with, say, 4 ports for a reasonable price, it might just fix your problem.

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time