MSFS Update V for X-box Issues

• The mandatory update that Microsoft issued, to make MSFS compatible have caused my system to crash to desk top every time I load the program, is anyone else having issues with this latest version of MSFS?

• There are so many "other" and "like" issues being reported around the world. You may have a lot of mail to read. So far as I can see I have been fortunate. It all loaded fine, but had to go into content manager and reinstall almost everything in there. I am having one small issue not worth mentioning yet but have not flown it yet either. Tomorrow will tell. Good luck!

• i had a right nightmare with the update, upshot of it all, i have had to delete 99% of my mods, including loads of scenery mods from here, or the sim would just CTD every five minutes. If you are still having trouble, then empty your community folder and see how it goes. The only mods that still seem to work are the standalone, like the FS ATC chatter, that sort of thing, but its broken nearly everything else.

• Have you emptied your Community folder, and applied any updates to your addons that are flagged to update?

I understand that incompatible addons is the most common cause of CTD since the latest update, and I noticed that more addons than usual were updated today on this site - probably more over the next couple of days.

Best advice is to remove all addons, and if the CTD disappears, reinsert the addons one at a time until you get to the one that is causing the problem.

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• I found most of my issues related to incompatibility between the stable version of both Salty and FlyByWire 747/787 and A32X respectively.

Switched to development versions of both and it solved most issues.

To be fair, the sim does seem to be running infinitely quicker.

• I found most of my issues related to incompatibility between the stable version of both Salty and FlyByWire 747/787 and A32X respectively.

Switched to development versions of both and it solved most issues.

To be fair, the sim does seem to be running infinitely quicker.

the flybywire thing doesnt work properly, unless they have recently done an update, dont know about the salty, i dont really fly those, but it is a lot quicker, i could only run on high on my system before the update, now im maxed out on ultra, although some are saying they have downgraded the graphics so it will run on Xbox, but i dont really know about that, but it is quicker, no doubt about that..

• the flybywire thing doesnt work properly, unless they have recently done an update, dont know about the salty, i dont really fly those, but it is a lot quicker, i could only run on high on my system before the update, now im maxed out on ultra, although some are saying they have downgraded the graphics so it will run on Xbox, but i dont really know about that, but it is quicker, no doubt about that..

• I can agree on that. I moved up from Medium to High. Haven't tried Ultra High, (yet). But I continue with engine issues, less, but still. It seems that the switch for engine 1 is bound backwards. It turns off engine 1, but won't move to turn it on. If I use auto start, that works now. Also, I can not switch any of the fuel valves, electric switches, x-feed, or the APU switches. They light up when hovered with the mouse, but they don't seem to do anything. Even when using autostart they still say OFF. Why are all the switches lighting up now. I don't get that at all. Even the trim wheels don't move but they light up when touched with the mouse. I hope there is an update for this soon. I much dislike using auto start. I haven't flown anything yet since SU5. Still trying to see what's compat and what isn't.

• rickie72 - If you want to turn off the illuminated mouse do the following << when sim is running go to< 'options'/'general options'/'accessibility'/USER INTERFACE/ 'cockpit interaction system' (change it from LOCKED to ' LEGACY ' ) Should be back to normal after you save changes

Thanks