MSFS installation problem

• A few days ago I could not load MSFS anymore, stopped loading at position "searching for new updates. After some dozen tries I uninstalled MSFS and tried to reinstall without sucess.What is the problem:

I launched Microsoft Store, selected MY LIBRARIES and marked MSFS. It appeared " this program belongs to you".I started INSTALL, message where I want to have the installation, but nothing happened.

I tried several times without success.It seems to be , that no connection to the download server is possible.Does somebody knoes the problem and can give me an advice.

I have the download-version Thanks

• I had a similar problem a couple of months ago - reinstall that wouldn't start, etc. I resolved that one by using a VPN into my nearest server. Worked perfectly.

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• Crap, I am having the same issue. It just started out of the blue after a download from content manager for the airport that is in france near Courchevale.

I get stuck at the checking for updates. I tried repairing it first. Then I uninstalled it completely and redownloaded. Just sticks. Looking at the directory I have 143 gb of stuff in it so it has all the packages. I removed the community folder stuff but no luck.

Also undid the Nvidia drivers and did a clean reinstall of those. Nadda. Zip.

Maybe it changes in a couple of days when the new download comes out.

Signature not required for delivery

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**
    **Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

• I don't know about other content managers, but MSF Addons Collector has a "test" feature, that will test your addons against MSFS and let you know which ones will, or will not, work. I think (from memory) that it will limit the number of addons that you can actually load to the amount of RAM you have.

It also allows you to dynamically add only the addons you want to use in your next session.

It has many other features, as well, but I think these are the ones that might help you the most. It comes with a comprehensive manual, and is available from this site.

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• Well after the new update I am golden except a few minor issues.

Really smooth and getting some really great FPS even in high density/traffic/weather areas.

I know others are still have issues and I am just keeping fingers crossed that I don't experience them.

Signature not required for delivery

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**
    **Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**