my brain hurts!

• General consensus is that 11 is the same as 10 with tweaks, first thing to find out is compatibility with your system, there was a hard and soft floor thing, think that was amended though, the TPM thing is worth reading up on, I did see that someone on YouTube mentioned gamers couldn't upgrade.

But please do some research to get the current facts about 11, we'll all end up there eventually, but right now you may not be able to use it for this and maybe other games.

• 11 isn't finalized and isn't ready for release yet, and I expect that Asobo etc will hold off making any op sys specific changes until 11 is finalized.

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• 11 isn't finalized and isn't ready for release yet, and I expect that Asobo etc will hold off making any op sys specific changes until 11 is finalized.

True, but from what I've read, it's supposedly slated for an October release, so it can't be too far away. Other people in the industry have also said that what is available now is pretty much the OS that will come, as you say, there must be changes to expect, otherwise a whole lot of gamers have non-compatible cpu's...

I'd hold off upgrading now personally.

• It looks as though MS have turned W11 into a moving target. The compatibility app that was available a couple of days ago has been withdrawn, and it has been pointed out around the traps that some series of processor that are marked as not capable of running 11 have exactly the same specs as those that are capable, in terms of the security features listed by MS as absolutely essential for W11. Looks like someone at MS decided that 5th, 6th and 7th Gen CPUs were getting a bit old, and by some scare tactics, a lot of users may rush to get new kit especially for W11. So yes, the jury is still out on W11.

My main concern would be if MS decided that you had to have gen 8 or better to run Win 11, and that "suddenly" Win 11 was necessary to run MSFS 2020! Now, that would suck for a lot of people!

JohnG

• it's supposedly slated for an October release, so it can't be too far away.

That date was for supply the OEMs for inclusion in their Christmas offerings to the market. Update version isn't slated until some time in the new year, so MS could release the OEM version, and STILL make mods that would be rolled out as updates. in January (or later). The OEM doesn't have to have ALL the internal bells and whistles of the final release for update - it just has to work, and that's what we're seeing with it right now.

JohnG