Unfortunately since the last sim update, the Dash8 freeware posted on Flightsim.to has had a bug preventing the engines from being started. The creator has not provided any fix to this, however I have found a small workaround to start the engines using slew mode. This is by no means perfect and does not always work on first try, however it allows you to spawn at a gate instead of on the runway where the engines have already been started.
- Go to start the plane's engines using Ctr+E. You will then hear the engines spooling up.
- Wait until just before the end of the spooling up sound. (Around 15 Seconds)
- Press Y to enter slew mode, then Y again to exit.
- After this one of your engines should have started.
- Repeat these steps to start the second engine.
- Both engines should now be started and you can taxi to the runway.