• Well, it's been fun guys, but, now that you've blocked the ability to download if users are using an ad blocker is pretty much going to drive me away. Normally I'll turn it off for pages like the gearpage.net and many others where I'm interested in supporting the page. In fact, on those pages, the ads they are using are interesting, and not intrusive at all. Here, when I turn the ad blocker off, I get stuffed with popups and ads that overtake the page and it makes it not fun anymore.

Let me know when you decide to place your ads in less intrusive ways, find a way to make them at least interesting to me, and less spammy. You've now reached the status of a total spam page with your presentation of ads. Sorry. I am usually interested in supporting pages I use a lot. but this is awful.

• I dunno what you are seeing, but I thought that I'd turned off my ad blockers, but am still seeing the black addon for each screen, and am still able to download.

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• Well, it's been fun guys, but, now that you've blocked the ability to download if users are using an ad blocker is pretty much going to drive me away.

Can you explain this more detailed? As far as I know, we do not have any feature in place that makes downloading items dependent on the use or non-use of ad-blockers. So I'm bit confused here what you're seeing or referring too.

Here, when I turn the ad blocker off, I get stuffed with popups and ads that overtake the page and it makes it not fun anymore.

There is not a single popup ad on our site, as I hate popups as well. You probably mean the interstitial ad. However, this only appears once an hour - if it appears at all - and can be clicked away directly without any time delay.

Let me know when you decide to place your ads in less intrusive ways, find a way to make them at least interesting to me, and less spammy. You've now reached the status of a total spam page with your presentation of ads.

In comparison to our industry competitors - for example Nexus Mods - we have far less advertising on the website. Even though we don't sell premium memberships, don't throttle downloads, don't limit download frequency and don't have any other income that doesn't come from advertising. I'm sorry your user experience has turned for the worse. But as I said, this is a completely free service - we can't keep it completely ad-free and we have to compromise somewhere. However, I resolutely reject your argument that we have achieved the "status of a total spam page". Flightsim.to displays far fewer advertisements than other websites in comparison and user experience is always our #1 goal.

Maybe you can make some screenshots of the ads that disturb you, so I can better understand where you're coming from.

• Well I thought it was related to ad-blocker too but I can't download anything since today, the countdown will just stay on the same number and never change.

What browser are you using? Also, any browser extensions/addons?

I've never dug into how the site is coded, but I'm assuming that that part is Javascript. So, could you have something installed or enabled that blocks JS?

I just reenabled Adblock+ to test and can download without issue, so at least that is ruled out.

• Hi, like Wint3rstellar, I, too, can't download with the content blocker turned on, the countdown shows the first number and never continues. I'm using Firefox. When I turn the ad-blocker off, the countdown starts if I refresh.

I definitely got a pop-up ad when I came to the download page a couple of times. And it wouldn't download till I clicked the pop-up window away. Usually, it's just an ad under the countdown text. But those pop-ups really bummed me out.

thanks for responding.

I do get a warning that I'm using an ad blocker when I click on a secondary download file. That's been happening for a couple months at least.

Is it possible I have a virus in Firefox? I'm using uBlock Origin 1.35.2 extension. I'll see if there is an update.

Edit: I checked, it's the latest version.

• Excellent. Let's just hope that it works for anyone else who's seeing it.

I use Firefox, but I have Aoto-Update turned on, which is probably why I didn't see this particular nasty.

(Note to self - in future, anyone sees strange occurrences like this, tell them to make sure that their browser is up to date!)

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time