Can this recurring annoying popup advert be removed ?

• You like the new advert pop up ? 7

1. Yes (0) 0%
    2. No (7) 100%

Hi WebMaster,

This is the best website related to MSFS i found, it was great until that advert pop up came up.
    I come up multiples times and require manual removal for view the websites contents properly.
    I understand you try to make money but please do not force the users to act as pop up blocker.
    It come up to every user download pages, it get really annoying when browsing users contents.
    That would be great if you can review your enrichment plan please.
    Pop up and ads are blocked in my browser by default, is there a way to get rid of it ?
    If some users could give their feedback about that would be great too :)
    Zout

• Zoutmax

Changed the title of the thread from “Can this recurring enjoying popup ad can be removed ?” to “Can this recurring annoying popup advert be removed ?”.
  • The pop-ups are a tad annoying, although I don't really mind the video ones in the bottom corners. They are out of the way for the most part. Now, the full page pop-ups are more annoying., as they actually keep you from viewing the page content until you close it out.

I typically run Adblock Plus, however since this website is funded by ads and donations, and I want to see it continue into the future, I have opted to keep it disabled. Just as long as they don't get to the point where it makes the site annoying to use.

• I’m a bit worried about this site sometimes. I’ve been using it pretty much since the beginning and it’s been getting ever so slowly worse all the time, like boiling a frog.

It’s that typical web thing, where they start small, then grow, and then start to want to monetise monetise monetise. Of course they’ll cite ‘server cost’ and all kinds of reasons, but basically people just looking to get some dollar outa this.

Which is fine, I guess, but it’s how you go about it. Popups and autoplays are widely disliked and people try all sorts of things to stop them. The fact that flightsim.to went ahead with this anyway, and thought that was just a-ok for their site is sad and worrying