Dear Flight Simulator pilots and scenery developers!
I want to tell you, that I've created several Digital Terrain Models (DTMs), which are based on precise Opendata LiDAR-elevation data of the countries' Geographical Institutes.
You can check the overall site:
Or the individual countries' sites, right now these are:
- https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-austria Austria
- https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-belgium Belgium
- https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-denmark Denmark
- https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-estonia Estonia
- https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-finland Finland
- https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-france France, Monaco
- https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-germany Germany
- https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-iceland Iceland
- https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-italy Italy, San Marino, Vatican City, Malta
- https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-lativa Latvia
- https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-luxembourg Luxembourg
- https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-netherlands Netherlands
- https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-norway Norway
- https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-slovakia Slovakia
- https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-slovenia Slovenia
- https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-spain Spain, Andorra, Gibraltar
- https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-sweden Sweden
- https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-switzerland Switzerland, Liechtenstein
- https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-united_kingdom United Kingdom
The improvements in accuracy, quality and fine details of my model's elevations compared to those of the popular SRTM-datasets are enormous. Especially in mountainous terrain. Take a look at the following Map comparisons: Maps based on LiDAR-DTMs to maps based on SRTM-DTMs: https://bit.ly/comparisons-lidar-srtm
You can use these new DTMs to create improved, more accurate meshes and sceneries of a whole country.
I spent many, many Hundreds of hours during my leisure time to search for new Opendata source files, get in contact with national public authorities. To download those giant amounts of source data. To search for errors, plug gaps within the data, compile, resample it and create files in useful formats. To finally provide them to you, FOR FREE.
It would make me very happy, if you honor this work by supporting me with a Donation. I’ve created a DONATIONLINK via PAYPAL:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Sonny