Addon request karma penalty

• Hi,

I was wondering how the karma penalty works when promising to fulfill a request. The message says:

Should you step back from this request or shouldn't you complete it within 30 days, it will result in a penalty of 200 (karma)

You are also prompted to give an estimated release date. My question is, what do those 30 days refer to: The estimated release date, or the day I accepted the request ?

• Good to know it's the release date that counts. I was looking to make an airport, 30 days is a bit short for that.

The date you choose there is the release date. I believe if the date passes, it subtracts 200 karma from your profile.

You get at least 200 per request, and 10 per vote. That means you would end up with only the karma from the votes if you complete it late. I don't think it's possible to lose any karma you already have.

• Yeah, I commonly push the date if I see I won't make the final release. At least that way if people check it they can see that the dates is further away now. The 30 day limit is semi-annoying, especially if you were to pick up a request for a large airport or complicated aircraft.

• Yeah, I commonly push the date if I see I won't make the final release. At least that way if people check it they can see that the dates is further away now. The 30 day limit is semi-annoying, especially if you were to pick up a request for a large airport or complicated aircraft.

The 30 day thing is annoying but it is what it is and at least we can push it back because if we couldn't we would see a lot of half-baked products all over flightsim.to as you would have to release within those 30 days to not get a penalty

• The 30 day thing is annoying but it is what it is and at least we can push it back because if we couldn't we would see a lot of half-baked products all over flightsim.to as you would have to release within those 30 days to not get a penalty

Or you would get far fewer, and more basic mods as developers shied away from embarking on large development tasks that they are unsure of delivering within the 30 days.

They could, of course, carry out their development work without acknowledging that they are doing so, and avoid the 30 days completely, but the down side of that would be some mods being duplicated by several developers, and that could get messy for everybody!

(On the other hand, having multiple versions of a piece of scenery or whatever would inject some competition into the developers, with each trying to put out the very best XYZ/bridge/building/mountain/plane/etc.)

We have seen this to some extent when Asobo has added a feature, and the "amateur" mod has gained the favor of the fan base. Nice.

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• You can just change the date again at any time before the date that was previously set to another date which needs to be within 30 days of your current date

If I understand correctly: when you initially accept the request, you can set an expected release date that is in more than 30 days (for ex in 3 months) without penalty. If realize you can't make it, you can then push back the date by less than 30 days without penalty. You can do the latter indefinitely.

Is that correct ?

• If I understand correctly: when you initially accept the request, you can set an expected release date that is in more than 30 days (for ex in 3 months) without penalty. If realize you can't make it, you can then push back the date by less than 30 days without penalty. You can do the latter indefinitely.

Is that correct ?

No, your initial date also has to be within 30 days but the rest is correct

• All in all I do think its fine though, many points mentioned seems fair. Having people be able to choose a far ahead date could cause issues like where someone 'holds' an airport for a long time. Sure someone else could also make it, but I'm sure many people (like me for example) would rather not make the same airport as someone else, because I'd rather spread out the variety of airports and make a different one.

But even then, I doubt many people would do that just to troll, so I think this system is generally a good idea for the most part.

• You can set your ETA to any date within the next 60 days. We increased this from previously 30 days to 60 days.

You can postpone your ETA as often as you like within this period - but not more than 60 days back.

If the ETA elapses by more than 10 days without the request being marked as completed or postponed, the 200 karma penalty applies.

We will soon improve the requests page in general and also make this more clear.

• You can set your ETA to any date within the next 60 days. We increased this from previously 30 days to 60 days.

You can postpone your ETA as often as you like within this period - but not more than 60 days back.

If the ETA elapses by more than 10 days without the request being marked as completed or postponed, the 200 karma penalty applies.

We will soon improve the requests page in general and also make this more clear.

Thanks 60 days is already a massive improvement