Anyone elses MSFS broken today?

• All I'm getting today is `access to the content server is denied'. Then goes to the intro screen. Thats as far as it goes. I WAS getting Update Error at 0 percent this morning. Tried uninstalling MSFS, now will only let me go in an endless loop of that. The game won''t work at all, no mods folder even there to delete before I tried to reinstall it. The 152 gig just doesn't download either within the game or within Windows store, Microsoft Store, XBox for PC. I've googled the error message and it recommended uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Gaming Services. That didn't work. I've got no pending W10 updates or anything. Weird. Was fine at midnight last night.

• I have the same probleme since yesterday. I played the sim on 26th the last time and since yesterday evening I can start the sim, see a black window with the version 1.16.2.0 and after a few secons it appears. I reinstalled game services , tried to repair flight sim. Nothing helped. If I reinstall the sim : is my bush trip progress deleted? Last month they deleted my logbook and after 296 hours they destroyed my profile and I had to start at 0.

• If you got MSFS 2020 like I did from the MS store. I had to go to the MS Store and start the install from there by looking under my account and going to the MSFS 2020 under recent activity. I had to just reinstall also.

I did yeah, it still only gets as far as the Paris loading screen, then thats the error I get, every single time. I've tried installing the standard Game Pass version and update it in-game (grrr, resetting all my settings plus the xteen hour download! Gutted. I'm hoping they're either bombarded with people updating and their system has crashed, or bombarded with tickets. It says I own the ultimate deluxe version, won't let me install ANY version. Absolutely lost now.

• What's weird is that straight after the error message I momentarily (blink and you miss it) see a `You have been signed out of XBox Live' which I've just noticed aftere the 482nd time of trying various things. Then kicks me back to the XBox app where I'm clearly logged in and can play other games from there

• I have the same probleme since yesterday. I played the sim on 26th the last time and since yesterday evening I can start the sim, see a black window with the version 1.16.2.0 and after a few secons it appears. I reinstalled game services , tried to repair flight sim. Nothing helped. If I reinstall the sim : is my bush trip progress deleted? Last month they deleted my logbook and after 296 hours they destroyed my profile and I had to start at 0.

I deinstalled it from MS Store AND from program and features. logged out and in to the MS Store and installed it for 12 hours from MS Store, reinstall some content. Now I can play again

• same problem, all caused no doubt by that major update a few days ago. Must remember not to update in hurry. I always want to be first to install updates. Big mistake.

Tried numerous times to escape the Game Bar update block, no luck.

I will uninstall the whole thing, saving my Community Folder on my desktop, and start again. And I still have the zip files for my addons.

This will be my 3rd complete re-intall of msfs in 5 months. Getting very passed off. Not helped by woefully slow download speeds in Australia. But what can I do....can't live with it like this and can't live without it. Shame on Asobo and Microsoft.

• I wonder if this is connected with the problem I had a couple of months ago - never completing the download. The solution for me was to always run a good VPN to a local server before I tried downloading from the store. Might be worth a try if nothing else works.

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• had the same problem for 3 days. Figured out the problem for me was with the Game Bar update failing to update completely.

Rather than uninstall MSFS2020, I uninstaller the Game Bar, and after 4 0r 5 attempts to reinstall, all unsuccessful, I just left it nagging and went away for an hour. When I came back in great frustration, and it was still hanging with an ERROR message, I shut the reinstall attempt down and immediately got a message saying the reinstall was complete. WTF!!!

But it had reinstalled. So MSFS2020 opened normally, and I progressively added my stuff back to the Community folder, and all has been OK for the last 3 days. But I expect further problems. Besides this issue, I have done 3 complete reinstalls of MSFS2020 in the last 6 months. I now have the program guts installed on my SSD "D" drive, and that drive is cloned to a backup HDD. So hopefully I won't have to download the whole thing again. Maybe just the small exe that goes on the C drive.

Shame really, such a brilliant program, spoiled by such a complicated and arcane delivery system. Cant live with the problems, nor do without the program.