Installing a bush trip

• Hi, I am new on here and joined mainly to use the community bush trips. I have just downloaded one and can see files and folders but there isnt any guide as to where to put them. I have also searched the forum and vant see any discussion about this. Can anyone help?

• This may be different for other developers that make bush trips but for mine, it's very straightforward.

Download the trip you want and then unzip the folder for the bush trip. Here's the process for one of mine.

For example: If you download one of my bush trip adventure flights located here at Flightsim.to and let's use this one: https://flightsim.to/file/9851/bahamas-odyssey-day-one-v1-0

Now once you download it. You unpack it to your home computer.

When you look at the contents by opening up the folders, you'll eventually get to one folder named: Bahamas-Odyssey-Flightday01

Opening that folder, you'll find that inside you will have two sub-folders: One named ContentInfo and One named Missions.

And you'll also see eleven individual files: Nine are LocPak files for various languages and two .json files. One named manifest.json and layout.json

Once you verify that those folders and files are present:

Copy that folder Bahamas-Odyssey-Flightday01 into your simulators community folder.

Start up the simulation and then go to activities and then bush trips. You should now see the bush trip you downloaded and you can select it and begin the journey.

That's pretty much it.

I'd also recommend using the following organization utility: https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

It's a free and simple to use program for managing content inside your community folder. Give it a try and you'll see why.

Hope this helps you out,

Brad

• There are a couple of tools available in flightsim.to which will largely automate the installation and maintenance of mods.

MFS Addons Collector, and MSFS Addons Linker spring to mind, and either will allow you to not only install your mods, but also to select the ones that you want loaded for a particular flight.

Both are worth a look.

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• Thanks John, I will be looking at those tools as I have found that if I select either of the 2 bush trips I have downloaded I get a message that there is missing content and it directs me to content manager but I cannot see what is missing.

• Thanks John, I will be looking at those tools as I have found that if I select either of the 2 bush trips I have downloaded I get a message that there is missing content and it directs me to content manager but I cannot see what is missing.

I have exactly the same problem. I see the bush trips in the installation manager (= content manager / Inhalstmanager), but there is no possibility to install them - the installation button is not displayed.