install flight Simulator

• I got the sim on MS store. I think from what I have heard Steam is better but, loading problems. I have had 2 problems with MS store. One had to reload the program in August and a week ago lost my flight time. With Steam I guess you at least own it.

• I am a older person ie 71 and I just don't seem to find out how to install the program I keep looking on YouTube can some kind person please show me what to do ?( Please

I can't be that daft can I :|

I hope not - I'm 74 going on 75. If you purchased it from the MS Store, you go there, the MSFS, and install it from there. Depending on your internet speed, it'll take between about 5 and 40 hours to download, and if you'll take my advice, you'll be running a good VPN when you do it. I didn't, and ended up having to download the lot about 5 times before I found out about VPN, and that worked. You may not NEED it oin your case, but if you do, finding out can be VERY frustrating!

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

I have no experience with MSFS and steam, so if you purchased there, I'm afraid my advice won't do you much good

And here's a (slightly) confusing video that you may find of use -

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• I also forgot to mention that if you are in any way unsure about MSFS2020, you can actually download and use it, quite legally, for just $1 per month, using your Xbox subscription (which is the $1 / month). Sort of play before you pay.

JohnG

• I don't know if your interested but I bought a " tbt WD_BLACK Hardrive so now I can get the MS Flight simulator and have plenty of space for other bits

Um, you should consider taking it back and getting an SSD of similar capacity. MUCH faster, and a major performance upgrade in its own right.

JohnG

• the thing I don't understand is why am I getting all this X Box rubbish =O

I don't have one and will never have one mind you that nice smoothing music was great to hear :)

for hours and hours whilst it downloaded the program most of yesterday 8)

So now I have my joystick I will be up in the air soon and maybe just as quickly down ;)

• the thing I don't understand is why am I getting all this X Box rubbish =O

I don't have one and will never have one mind you that nice smoothing music was great to hear :)

for hours and hours whilst it downloaded the program most of yesterday 8)

So now I have my joystick I will be up in the air soon and maybe just as quickly down ;)

You do get sick and tired of the music - it would be nice if they had some choices - the Luftwaffe March from BoB might be a good choice?

I'm afraid that I've gone the Full Monty on accessories, with a throttle quadrant, and 3 external panels to take care of a lot of my controls.

There are some good tutorials on setting up the visual goodies on Facebook, to match the ability of your PC, and any number of downloadable cheat sheets for the control settings, plus once you get to grips with the sim, you can change the default controls to whichever device you want to use.

JohnG

• Keep at it, and try listening to

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    if you like a bit of oompah. :saint:

JohnG