Shadow on blender building is wrong

• Hi, i tried Recelculate normals, it worked on some faces. I havent baked any textures do i have to do that?

Did you check they recalculated properly? It doesn't always work perfectly and you sometimes have to flip faces individually. If you tick 'Face Orientation' in the viewport overlays menu it'll show your normals. All of the faces should be blue on the outside and if you see any red you'll need to flip them individually. I've attached a picture of what I'm talking about.

Baking textures is more efficient, especially if you have lots of different materials but it's definitely not necessary, and if you haven't baked an AO map it's unlikely to be the problem.

If you want to send me the .blend file and the textures you used I'd be happy to take a look at it for you

• Did you check they recalculated properly? It doesn't always work perfectly and you sometimes have to flip faces individually. If you tick 'Face Orientation' in the viewport overlays menu it'll show your normals. All of the faces should be blue on the outside and if you see any red you'll need to flip them individually. I've attached a picture of what I'm talking about.

Baking textures is more efficient, especially if you have lots of different materials but it's definitely not necessary, and if you haven't baked an AO map it's unlikely to be the problem.

If you want to send me the .blend file and the textures you used I'd be happy to take a look at it for you

Thanks, i will try that

• First im saying thank you for your help, i really appreciate your help :=) It worked to flip the normals, and about the baked texture. SHould i do it, i tried to search on the internet. But i didnt get a asnwer, so what is ambient occlusion baked texture? Thanks!

You're very welcome!

It's up to you whether you bake your textures but like I said before, it's more efficient because instead of loading lots of different materials, each with their own set of textures into the sim you can just have one texture file with all the materials on it which saves memory.

So you'd bake all of the colour info for the whole model to one colour (albedo) map, then bake ambient occlusion (shadow information, essentially), roughness and metalness to another and then the normals from each material to a single normal map. It's a bit in-depth, but makes more sense once you've done it a few times.

I couldn't find any MSFS specific info either and I had to work out a lot of it by myself so I'm actually thinking of writing a step by step guide on my blender to MSFS workflow. I'm no expert but hopefully it helps a few people!

• I couldn't find any MSFS specific info either and I had to work out a lot of it by myself so I'm actually thinking of writing a step by step guide on my blender to MSFS workflow. I'm no expert but hopefully it helps a few people!

I hope you will make a guid on baking, beacuse my buildings is very bright at night. And someone said it could be the ambient occlusion, so i hope you will make one :)