New computer same results.

• So I enjoy this game/simulator so much and I am honestly in awe of the graphical detail after starting with the very first flight sim Microsoft put out that I just got finished upgrading my whole rig. I got an i5 10th gen processor, Z490 gaming edge board, Radeon RX 5500 XT and 16 gb of ram (thinking I may need another 16 gbs). After almost a full day of downloading I have it all installed again and immediately took of from Healthrow when FS crashed with a memory error after looking in the event logs. So I upped my rolling cache to a larger drive, turned down some of the lesser settings to medium and turned off vsync. I read a bunch of the performance articles and have followed the guidance they gave without having the simulator look awful and so far so good I think. I have also turned off any services in the background. I can say its a lot smoother now and the game does load a lot faster. Just wondering if anyone else is running into the same issues or have any advice on what to really turn on or off in the graphic settings? Also if anyone is running a Radeon what are you running it on for settings?

• Wish I could help you but my card is an NVIDIA. I'll tell you that when it comes to quick graphics processing you want more VRAM. The Computers CPU and RAM are also factors when it comes to performance. I would think 32 GB of RAM on the motherboard and at least an i7 Intel processor would help you a little. You will have to play with your settings until you get better results in the game as you have been. I'm running a 9th Gen Intel i7 9700K and I just upgraded my video card to a MSI GeForce GTX 1660 DirectX 12 GTX 1660 VENTUS XS 6G OC 6GB 192-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP. It still skips sometimes when I fly at night over cities with most settings set to medium, and when I use something like the F-15 I notice the frames skip when I go to Mach 1 even before that.

However DCS World is amazing with this card but I'm happy with how MS Flight sim 2020 is running now. So here's what I learned in the many years I spent working in computers. Every 3-6 months something newer is put on the market. The programmers write heaver code when the hardware evolves and most computer manufactures don't feel that the average consumer will keep their computer longer then 3 years. So you have to spend a lot of money to get top notch results and then in 3-5 years prepare to dish out more again to play current games. Just how it goes.

• Ok I may have fixed the issue. I upped the Virtual Memory and so far so good. I have 16gbs so if anyone is looking to try this go to system and then advanced system settings. Under the performance box click settings and then under the Advanced tab click change. Uncheck Automatically manage paging and click custom size. For 16 gbs you would set 24576 for initial size. (16 x 1024 x 1.5) for maximum size put 49152 ( 16 x 1024 x 3). Make sure to hit enter after entering each number or it will not save the numbers. You will need to restart after doing this.