Your Download will start in (5, 10, 16) seconds

• I've noticed that over the past 24 hours the countdown timer has changed from 5 seconds (what it's been for the past few months) to 10 seconds and now 16 seconds.

I just want you site owners to level with us: Are you preparing to make flightsim.to a paid membership site to get rid of the annoying timers?

• OK but making me wait 16 seconds doesn't change how much bandwidth I pull, it just changes when I pull it. The waiting is used by a lot of download sites as a "hey, sit here and watch a timer count down and think about BUYING PREMIUM!"

If you are trying to stop high users from impacting low users, impose a rate limit on the actual transfer.

• If you are trying to stop high users from impacting low users, impose a rate limit on the actual transfer.

That's exactly what we're trying to prevent, by varying the time a user has to wait, our infrastructure has more time to recover thus (hopefully) resulting in a fast(er) download. While this might negatively impact the download experience for smaller files (since you are waiting longer than the actual download), it helps with larger files.