REVIEW: Bought //42 The Skypark addon by Orbx

• So I found myself just floating around MSFS just randomly flying mostly from areas that I was familiar with and starting to get bored. I found The Skypark add on and so far I am pretty impressed. The price was not too bad for what they claimed came with it and they are adding more. What the add on comes with is an IPad type interface where you can choose contracts to deliver goods and services from airport to airport. You receive XP and money if your successful in delivering your cargo. So far I have completed 3 contracts from airports I never would have found or thought about flying from an too. The interface tracks your flight and gives you information about the route of how high to fly because of the obstacles you may face. You can choose the straight route or you can upload a route you want to fly if you wanted to do a customized VFR route or an IFR route. It is a very intuitive interface and its easy to move around and figure out what is going on and the graphics for the interface are done very well in duplicating the IPad look and feel.

There is a tutorial and a beginner flight to get you going. You also get a choice of plane types to fly and what is recommended to use. What is great are the addons from this site for the planes and areas help to make this addon much more immersive.

For now they only have cargo flights, ferries, tours, and bush trips but future updates will add regular passenger flights. The choice right now is greyed out for the passengers choice as of now.

If your a serious flyer or have had FSpassengers or other addons like this for the older MSFS I would definitely recommend checking this addon out. FYI I am a very picky addon chooser so it takes a lot to impress me since I have been around long enough to have flown the very first version of MSFS. Here is another review I had read before I bought it.

RELEASE: The Skypark has arrived for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020! | by Parallel 42 | Dec, 2020 | Medium

• I spent a lot of time watching Y.T. video's on the SkyPark , I was on the fence about it but went ahead and took the plunge . I really enjoy using it now ,

I fly all over the world doing contracts . Make sure you get the latest update that came out this weekend from the Transponder .

• I bought this yesterday, and completed my first 'solo' from a farm strip to East Midlands UK.

Then I took my first contract - 885nm from East Midlands EGNX to an airport in Hungary (LHKE). I had to do an overnight stop in the Czech Republic, and continiued the flight this morning.

Both times I used Little NavMap to re-jig the route, and make it more interesting. Not too many long stages.

The ability to use your own flight plans is really a nice addition.