First Flight - Cruising my town, Los Angeles

• My opening test and way to get the feel of the sim was to take a tour of LA and see just how accurate the scenery was, how the planes worked, and how the game made this all work for me - controls, graphics, sound, etc. Just some shots from those opening days. Feel free to share your opening moments here as well, with a little narrative.

Though KBUR was generic, it had a good feel (later bought the ORBX scenery - yum); I live in Sunland and found my home represented exactly - sheesh, so I'm only going to show my putting around Pasadena and Altadena; Then, flew over my high school, even the neo-Gothic tower was there!; however, my friends tropical drink bar in East Hollywood looked like a stalactite farm, but Children's Hospital looked exciting - when helicopters come in, I hope creators will be busy making those helipads on buildings work; Then, back to KBUR. One thing I learned was to go out and find sceneries that made the LA area even more real and nostalgic for me. Thanks to the creators for doing this. I'll be sharing more on my LA series as time permits. Cheers!

MSFS 2020 Premium, Alienware Aurora R11; Intel Core i9-10900KF 3.7; RAM 128GB; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

• Oh yes... although the opening days of MSFS were associated with many difficulties for me (regarding downloads, installation, performance) it's still nice to hear that - I guess - it was worth it after all. The scenery just looks as realistic as it gets for a game.

But there is still much to fix and improve before they can come up with helicopters... :P

• Oh yes... although the opening days of MSFS were associated with many difficulties for me (regarding downloads, installation, performance) it's still nice to hear that - I guess - it was worth it after all. The scenery just looks as realistic as it gets for a game.

But there is still much to fix and improve before they can come up with helicopters... :P

What amazes me is how fast and talented the creators are at making scenery and liveries. I'm going to be buying a lot of coffee for them.

So many personal places I'd like to see improved regarding scenery, like Whiteman Airport in Pacoima, CA. the surrounding environs are mostly spikes and stalagmites, but I know a creator could right all that.

MSFS 2020 Premium, Alienware Aurora R11; Intel Core i9-10900KF 3.7; RAM 128GB; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080