Missing interiors in TBM 930 and trying to replace folder

• Since update 6, my TBM 930 has no interiors, so cockpit view just looks at the front wheel!, so totally unflyable. I've searched forums to see if there is a fix...no joy. I have got MSFS on Steam, so no files as such on my PC, so I asked my friend to send me a copy of his TBM folder. I put this in the Community folder hoping (though not expecting) that it might show up in the sim. Alas, that hasn't worked either. So, can anyone help me with either a fix, or what I have to do to the TBM folder that is currently in my Community folder, to make it appear in the sim.

Thanks for any help

Simon

• Just tried that John and its still the same...no interiors. It must be a problem with the root file, not a mod, but as I'm on Steam I can't replace the root file, which is really frustrating. I've got a copy of the root file that I've put in my Community folder, but don't know how to get MSFS to load it from the Community folder. Tried looking at other aircraft files (like the flybywire A320) to see if I could see an instruction to make MSFS recognise it, but to be honest, it might as well be in SerboCroat!! Any suggestions gratefully received.

Simon

• Open the copied root file. Open the manifest.json file (using notepad), and change the title should do it, and save it - it should show up as a different plane. If that works, you'll have to change the livery names as well.

I'm only guessing, but it's worked on 3rd party addons for me, at least.

Let us know how you go, please.

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• What did you do? Were you able to see the structure of the archive? Maybe they do it differently at Asobo - I haven't checked - but it would be strange if they did.

Did you find the two .json files - manifest and layout files?

They are at the top level underneath the actual aircraft folder.

I suspect (but could be wrong) that the problem here is that many of the files and directories under the aircraft top level folder have the name if the plane in their titles.

It would certainly be well worth while checking.

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• I just changed the name of the aircraft in the manifest file, but I suspect you could be right that I've got to change all references to the aircraft name in the layout and locpak files and anything else I can find. I'm just going to change it to a TBM 930a, so just got to add lots of 'a' 's to everything! Might leave that for the weekend!!!

Thanks for your help so far...watch this space!!

Simon