Mouse not working in cockpit view

• I’m at wits end! I have absolutely no control with the mouse while in cockpit view. I can zoom in and out but that is all. I have reset everything to default, I have changed the mouse and I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the sim but I still have the same issue. I have made sure the camera is set to legacy but nothing fixes my problems. Everything works great in external view. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This issue started about 2 weeks ago and I have installed the latest update.

• From the web:

1. Cycle the Cockpit Interaction to Locked, back to Legacy

2. Make sure the mouse buttons are assigned in Controls

Try that, and let us know the results

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• I changed the interaction to locked and back to legacy. I made sure that I had the mouse set at default and the problem persists. This happens no matter what plane I fly. Freelook works but the cursor disappears and there is no way to get out of Freelook I have to hit the escape key in order to do anything.

• Try something like this:

- Alt + Tab out of the game and back in

- Alt + Enter to put the game in windows mode, Alt + Enter again to make it full screen

- Win-key + Tab to change to another open application, Win-key + Tab to go back to MSFS

- Unplug the second monitor if you have one

- Make sure that all accessibility features are turned off, like sticky keys, if of course you don't need those

- Win-key + Ctr l+ Shift + B to reset the graphics driver

It seems like the game lost focus and your mouse pointer is used by another application.

• I tried all the above and my problems are still here. The mouse works great everywhere else but cockpit view. When I go to the camera settings for instruments and click on any instrument view, the mouse works fine. My issue is only while in cockpit view. I’ll keep trying, but I’m about to give up and only fly in external view.

• OK, I think that it's time for some drastic action.

1. Close MSFS 2020 (if you're running it)
    2. Make a new directory - call it "Community Backup" (or similar) on a disk with enough space to hold all your community folders
    3. Copy/Paste all of your community files the the backup location
    4. Once you're sure that everything is backed up, delete the contents of your Community folder
    5. Restart flight sim

Load a default plane (not a purchased one) and fly

1. Test your mouse. If it works OK, it's not your mouse, and it's not the sim.
    2. If it doesn't work, close flight sim, and hunt up another mouse to try and repeat the test. This will eliminate the mouse as the cause of the problem
    3. If it still doesn't work OK, log in to https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and raise an issue with Asobo/Microsoft and wait for their response. <end>

If it's NOT the mouse, BUT still looks like a problem with an addon:

1. If it works with one of your mice, keep using that mouse.
    2. Reload your Community Folder from your backup, one addon at a time (aircraft first). Test each, and if the mouse works correctly, it isn't that addon.
    3. Add back ADDONS, until you have all your plane addons reloaded.
    4. If it's still OK,
      1. Add back the rest of the addons in batches, noting carefully what's in each batch.
      2. Test each batch.If the mouse fails, remove that batch and continue with all other batches until all addons are tested
    5. If you end up with one or more batches which prevent to mouse from working, split the failing batches into smaller batches and retest.
    6. Keep doing this until you have identified the addon (or addons) that appear to be causing the problem, and reload everything else that is working back into your Community folder.
    7. Retest. If the problem STILL exists, the next step is quite drastic - uninstall and reinstall Flight Sim from scratch.

Good luck, and please let us know how you get on. Every person's problem solved can help someone else, if we know the solution.

Regards

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• I’m at wits end! I have absolutely no control with the mouse while in cockpit view. I can zoom in and out but that is all. I have reset everything to default, I have changed the mouse and I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the sim but I still have the same issue. I have made sure the camera is set to legacy but nothing fixes my problems. Everything works great in external view. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This issue started about 2 weeks ago and I have installed the latest update.

Not sure if this works for you too, but in the VR mode, if mouse is not working, I am pressing CTRL & 0. No idea why, but then I can use the mouse again as usual. Hope it works for you too.

Wolfgang

• My Community folder is empty. I have no mods or add-one. The mouse works fine for all phases of the flight sim with the exception of when I’m in cockpit view. Changed the mouse, everything’s still the same. I’ve tried remapping the mouse but the sim won’t save the changes. I’ve already uninstalled and reinstalled the sim but the problem persists. Found out also that I cannot remap my Honeycomb Alpha yoke. The sim is not saving the changes.

I’ve logged onto the below site as was suggested above and found another simmer that is having essentially the same problem. He, and I as well, believe the issue is with a Microsoft data file that is imbedded in our account that is on a server that we don’t have access to.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new