MSFS 2020 Update 7 Problem

• Hallo, ich habe am 19.11.2020 das Update, 32 GB nachts heruntergeladen. Soweit so gut. Heute morgen war der PC ausgeschaltet. Nach Starten des MSFS2020 und Laden von ca. 80% des Programmes schaltet sich sowohl das Programm, Bildschirm und der komplette PC aus.

Mehrere Versuche den Simulator über die Xbox App oder den Store zu starten brachten auch keine Erfolge.

Gibt es ein Reparaturprogramm oder die Möglichkeit das Update 7 noch einmal herunter zu laden? ?(

Sollte ich mich hier nicht richtig ausgedrückt haben, seht es einem 75 jährigen nach.

Bis dato mit dem Update 6 lief alles problemlos

• Moin,

da der PC bereits am morgen ausgeschaltet war gibt es nur Zwei Möglichkeiten: Durch die Energieoption in Windows oder Hitzeprobleme. Selbst wenn das Update vielleicht deswegen Schaden genommen hat, sollte beim Laden nicht der PC aus gehen. Das scheint eine andere Ursache zu haben. Ich vermute das der PC überhitzt und deswegen abschaltet. Wann hast Du das letzte Mal Staub gewischt im PC?

Es gibt noch die Möglichkeit die Spieledateien überprüfen zu lassen, dabei werden allerdings 90Gb an Daten geladen, was sehr lange dauern kann.

Das geht unter Startmenü, Apps und Features, dort auf Microsoft Flight Simulator Klicken und dann auf Erweiterte Optionen. Da dann auf Reparieren.

Ich hoffe ich konnte helfen.

• Are you using a PC, or an Xbox? (from one 75 year old to another)

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• Post by Wallaby777 ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • Post by Wallaby777 ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • LLBYZ

PC is relatively new, no dust attached.

Quote from LLBYZ

"You can go to the Start menu, Apps and Features, click on Microsoft Flight Simulator and then click on Advanced Options. Then click on Repair. I hope I could help."

I ran it, but it was done within 3 minutes. ?? No success, no change.

• When problems like this happen, there is never a good (simple) outcome.

Before downloading this update, I took the advice of one of the helpful YouTube guys (a Brit, but don't hold that against him - I suspect that he's in our age range!) and did all the necessary prep work, like making sure that the Xbox Games app was up to date, and my addons folder was empty. There were a number of other tips, but if I can find it, I'll leave a link here to it for you.

Now, your second 'port of call" is the official MS/Asobo web site, to see if there are any similar problems being reported. Start on the main page, then check out the forums. (https://www.flightsimulator.com/). You'll PROBABLY find that an uninstall / reinstall is required. This is quite straight forward, but tedious in that everything gets downloaded to you again. Oh the other hand, you might just get lucky and find someone has a quick fix for you.

Last time I had a downloading problem, it took me 2 weeks to sort it out, and I know that at the time some people gave up. I didn't, and it was well worth pushing on with it IMO.

Keep us in mind, and let us know if you are successful, or if you need any more help with this or any other issues you might have with the sim.

Good Luck,

John

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

JohnG

• Thank you for the effort.

watched the video. No new knowledge. Too bad.

It still only charges 80% and then switches off completely. There doesn't seem to be a real solution on the internet either. I will probably not be able to avoid a new installation, since Update 7 cannot be reset and then reloaded.

• And when you do, follow the suggestions given above about updating Windows ETC - but once again, from the advice in the video, don't be conned into thinking that Windows 10 21h2 is actually a Windows 10 update - apparently it's another MS obfuscation to get lots of people onto Windows 11!

JohnG