A couple of site suggestions

• Hi,

There are several areas that I can see that may lead to a better outcome for many. A couple spring to mind:

Modification of the Wishes and Requests section

This appears to have been produced when the site didn't have the Requests pages on the main website, and is rather a dead end duplicate now for anyone wanting new scenery or livery addons.

I suggest that the description below it should be changed from "For requesting addons or suggesting addon improvements" to something like "For requesting addons not covered by the Requests page in the website, or requests for improvements to addons"

Possible new developer resource

A number of questions come through the forums indicating a lack of knowledge of modeling techniques, which is understandable, as we have many people out there trying their hands, sometimes for the first time, at modeling of this type.

On the other hand, there are quite a few videos on YouTube that are indeed excellent introductions to modeling techniques for the Sim, which, if made freely available here somehow, would make it much easier for newbies to get developing. I'm referring to the works of such as Jonx, Flying Heston, and others.

I thought at first that a simple Guides and Tutorials thread where users could post addresses to appropriate videos might do it, but realized quite quickly that it would almost certainly fill up quite quickly with junk, and repetitive stuff, with no structure to guide users the the areas that they might be interested in. Also, I suspect that many of your subscribers don't visit the forums very often, so could easily give up before they start in on what appears to be a fairly complex problem.

Instead, if it is at all possible, I think that a Website (not forum) page that contained a curated selection of well thought out scenery (and other artifact) development videos could be housed, perhaps with a link to the author's subscription page in YouTube to "sweeten the deal" for the video producers.

That would not only give our customers (me included) access to good video tutorials, but also give them access to other of each video producer's other efforts.

I don't see this as piracy, especially if we could get the acquiescence of each author selected ahead of posting their work to the site.

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• Modification of the Wishes and Requests section

Good idea, we will implement this.

Possible new developer resource

Something like this is already on our todo-list. We have added this sort of "hub" a long time ago to our plans, but unfortunately, our resources are currently limited that we have not yet found time to tackle this project. Since we have other projects in the pipeline, an early implementation is also not (yet) feasible, but probably next year. Good idea!

• Thank you. I think you'll make people happy with this.

As a temporary measure, for the other, how about a thread in the developers forum with some of the better development videos linked into it? Would be even better if only specified people could add to it.

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time