Anybody else getting this since SU6?

• What is your bandwidth like when this happens? If you don't know, download this https://www.speedtest.net/ . It's free, and will give you a pretty instant speed test of your internet service. If it is below minimums for the sim, and for your account, complain to your ISP. If your actual bandwidth is below minimums, you'll have to upgrade your internet service.

JohnG

From Oz, Flight Simmer since FS1 - seriously since FS95

Contributed to, and managed a site called ProjectAI for a time

• Even with my very fast line I randomly get that when there's temporary slow downs or downtime. It is pretty annoying because then it sets the setting to offline in the options, and you have to go set that back to online content manually.

Hasn't happened as much recently though.

But like John said, it can be that your internet is actually dropping or reducing in speed while your flying, causing that error to come up.

• That's just above minimum speed requirement for the sim, I see, so a few questions if I may:

1. Who is your ISP (I'm with IInet, BTW, which will give you some sense of where I am)
    2. What sort of plan do you have?
    3. Are you metro, or rural?
    4. If you're on an NBN plan, how far are you from your exchange?
    5. Do you know of Whirlpool.net? If so, have you used it?

That'll do for now.

The first four are to establish what sort of internet access you have. For instance, I'm on a 50 plan, and never (well hardly ever) go below 50 download / 18 upload. I want to know if your access is good, or very bad, for the plan you're on.

The last is because whirlpool.net is a useful resource for everything internet in Oz. https://whirlpool.net.au/?__cf…68-0-gqNtZGzNAlCjcnBszQil

good luck

John

JohnG

• gday John,

This is the same plan and same speed I have always had .

Been playing this sim since aug '20.

Only since this last update has this occurred.

I had been able to load with no photogrammetry until 2 days ago, now it freezes on way to fly.

TPG NBN wireless to tower, cable from router to computer, rural, if exchange is tower, then close by and direct line of sight, 25/5 plan.

• Just a couple of points about your speed test.

1. Did you watch the whole test? Was your down speed above 20 MPS the whole time? Did you run it multiple times? Was it run during the same part of the day that you typically use Flight Sim?

If those were all "yes", then look at these to try:.

1. Remove all addons from the Community folder. If that works, then you possibly have a bodgy addon that hasn't yet been updated to SU5, let alone SU6. If it works with no addons, add them back in small groups until you find a group that fails, then add the ones in that group back one by one until you find the culprit. Keep looking for further culprits until you are back to full load.
    2. Turn down scenery qualities from Extreme, to Low. If it works at Low, bring quality settings back up a step at a time, across the board, until you find the highest quality where you can use the sim. (Remember, the higher the video quality you are using, the more data you will be transferring from the Microsoft servers).

If neither of these work for you, then I suspect that you have a bandwidth problem that is intermittent. If you have a second PC, set it up with the speed tester while you are running Flight Sim, and see if the level fluctuates in this mode.

JohnG

• The speed test line shows it start up and steady speed in both down and up in blue and pink.

You can barely see the pink as it is same curve as blue, but it can be just seen at left on curve startup rise, so my speed is steady and it has always been this speed, and this constant issue is new, I have see nit a couple of times in 14 months, but not every time as it is now.

Uninstalled and reinstalled, same problem.

I did try remove all out of community before doing this.

I tried the quick way by copying out one store contents , then starting install and about 2%, pause and copy one store back in , then it was supposed to jump to about 98 % done.

Well this did not happen, it went all night.

So tonight, I will do the normal slow way again.

Darshonaut, you must be real weird to love autogen boxes :D

• Darshonaut, you must be real weird to love autogen boxes :D

It's very interesting to look at the differences of the autgen buildings in all the regions and countries all overe the world.

I consider photogrammetry possibly nice for looking down from high above, but nearby it's not so pretty.

I also hardly ever visit any big cities in MSFS, I live in one already.

So I just turn that photogrammetry stuff off, gives a better sim performance.

• Really looks like a problem for Asobo/Microsoft, not us here, I'm afraid.

Head over to https://www.flightsimulator.com/ , check out the FAQ's, check out the forums, and if you can't find anything that fits your situation, head back to FAQ, and under that, Submit a request. With a bit of luck, that'll get their attention at least.

I'm really sorry that we have turned u so useless in your case, and I can't help but think that your internet connection is somehow involved, but that's the way the cookie crumbles, I'm afraid.

Please let us know how you get on, and whether you get any satisfaction from the support site.

Good luck,

John

JohnG

• Sounds like a fix to me. there i, in Developer mode, a command that will show information such as frame rates constantly while it's turned on. It has a number of other features as well.

In retrospect, if you come across this problem again, check to make sure your cache isn't full. (that's in the setup menus). If it is, empty it and try again.

JohnG